Tuesday, July 14, 2009

my body can't take this pressure

A few weeks ago at our weekly staff meeting, or ME Tricia Jo was running through budgets and I had picked up a couple stories but wanted something more that I could really sink my teeth into.

If you know me, you probably know I love planning and organizing and I LOVE being in charge. Thus, I took on the job to plan and coordinate two photoshoots. Yup. For the cover and an inside double truck with products. Similar to the shopping guide Metro featured in the Dec. issue.

Add on the monthly launch party, the original articles, my job at Bath and Body and alas, I was much too busy, even for me.

Oh, and lest I forget, one of my oldest and dearest friends, Heather Day (now, Contreras) got married last weekend in Yakima! I was so thrilled and honored to be asked to join her bridal party and going home was a nice break from the grind. However, as giddy as I was to help her celebrate her big day, I was still thinking in the back of my mind about all I had to do at work.

With only one day left until I leave for FLORIDA, I still have a brief interview to conduct, an article to write and a few hours to put in at B&B. Nonetheless, the photoshoots are OVER and I am quite pleased. The cover turned out beautifully and the shoot today went off without a hitch. When the products get returned to their rightful owners tomorrow -and I get the kayak off the top of my Corolla (yup! the other intern got a canoe on top of her Jetta)- I will be able to breathe even more easily.

I don't know how it always gets done in time, but it does.

Oh, and the publisher seemed rather impressed that I pulled it off ;-)

1 comment:

Joel said...

That sounds rough but I'm glad it turned out well. I'd like to see it. Heather's mom works at Living Care and the guy she married is actually the cousin of my partner at work so I heard a lot about it. I didn't know you were in it though.